Fulbright Senior Scholarships are available to Australian citizens who are:
- Scholars of established reputation working in an academic institution who teach and undertake research. This is a Senior Scholarship so applicants should be at Associate of Professorial level.
- Senior members of academically-based professions who are currently engaged in the private practice of their profession.
- Recognised academics, or professionals who have been invited to the United States by a tertiary institution, learned society, or professional organisation for a significant purpose that will build strong partnerships and linkages into the future.
In addition to the general Senior Scholarships there are also sponsored or State Senior Scholarships available:
- Fulbright Professional or Senior Scholarship in Nuclear Science and Technology sponsored by ANSTO
- Fulbright Northern Territory Scholarship is supported by the NT Government, Charles Darwin University and corporate sponsor, Blackboard
- Fulbright Tasmania Scholarship sponsored by the Tasmanian Government and the University of Tasmania
- Fulbright Indigenous Scholarship sponsored by the Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet
- Fulbright Senior Scholar sponsored by Kansas State University
Senior Scholarship Benefits
- Living & travel allowances
- National Orientation Program and a Fulbright Presentation Dinner
- Enrichment Seminars in the United States with international Fulbright Scholars
- Distinguished professional network with U.S. and Australian Fulbright Alumni Associations
- A support agency in the U.S. that assists with visas, events, and networks
- Media and publicity support
- ASPE Medical Insurance of up to AUD 100,000 (for the Scholar only).
- Fulbright funding is available for a minimum of three months and a maximum of four months and applicants must demonstrate they have sufficient additional funds to support themselves and any dependants during their stay in the U.S. Funding will only be for the approved time specified and project offered.
For further information
For assistance in identifying a suitable U.S. educational institution contact your local U.S. Educational Advisor in Australia.
For general information on how to apply and applications please refer to Application Information.